Please Read Carefully
A. What do we publish?
We are interested in publishing articles, review articles, book reviews, and creative works across the whole range of philosophical topics, but with special emphasis on the following subject strands:
Oriental Thought and East-
Continental European Philosophy
The journal primarily caters to works by professional philosophers and graduate students of philosophy, but welcomes contributions from other fields (literature, cultural studies, gender studies, political science, sociology, history, anthropology, economics, inter alia) with strong philosophical content.
B. How long should a submission be?
Article (8,000 words or less)
Review Article (8,000 words or less)
Book Review (2,500 words or less)
Creative Works (short philosophical fictions, poems, etc.)
C. When should you submit your work?
Because of the sheer number of unsolicited submissions we receive everyday, submission management has become a challenge for us. This often results in the piling-
Submissions for the June issue will be entertained ONLY during the January-
Submissions for the December issue will be entertained ONLY during the July-
Specific Submission Guidelines
1. Submissions may be in either English or Filipino with good punctuation, grammar, and spelling. Provide a 200 word abstract in English and at least 4 key words. Please take note of the number of the acceptable word count for your submission (see Section B above).
2. KRITIKE is a refereed journal, so make sure that your text is prepared for blind review, meaning your name and institutional affiliation should not appear in the body of your paper. If you cited your own previous work(s) in the article, delete your name from the citation(s).
3. We recommend that, at the first instance, you use our prescribed citation style. You may also use the Chicago style which resembles our own. Click here to visit the journal's style guide page.
4. Submit your text in 2.0 line spacing with 12 points font size. Quotations exceeding four lines should be indented and single-
5. Save your paper as either a Rich Text Format file (*.rtf) or a Microsoft Word document (*.doc or *.docx).
6. We recommend that you submit your paper by filling in the online submission tool at the right column for a more systematic and efficient submission process.
7. We have amended our submission management policy (see Section C above). Submissions entered through the online submission tool outside the specified periods in Section C will not be considered. We recommend that you resubmit your work during a specific submission period.
8. By sending us your submission, you agree to be bound to the Terms and Conditions set in Section C of the journal's Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement.
Online Submission Tool